Top 3 Things Any Lawyer Can Do to Boost Online Presence
It’s no secret that your position in the search engine rankings can either improve (or hinder) your ability to attract clients. To claim that coveted #1 spot, you’ll need to employ tried-and-tested SEO strategies, create informative and engaging content, and leverage your social media accounts to tap into a broader target audience. Here’s how:
1. Start a Blog
Your sleek, new site definitely looks the part, but the problem is your traffic is stuck in the single digits. But before you go tweaking the design, it’s important to realize that your lack of visitors isn’t due to a lack of visuals.
Users need a reason to visit your site, and a blog —featuring rich, engaging, and most important, fresh content— is your hook. While the rest of your site serves a functional purpose, informing readers of your services, that static content exists merely as a so-called “next step” for potential clients. It’s the articles you post on your blog that will put their eyeballs on your page in the first place. Here are just a few ways a blog will help your site:
- Gives You Content to Share on Social Media. Having access to regular, original content you can share on your social media accounts can be invaluable in helping you reach more users and retain regular readers. Through sharing your articles on sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and others, you’ll entice readers to follow your firm and engage with your communications.
- Gives You Credibility. Through writing legally accurate content that is both informative and engaging, you can quickly demonstrate your experience in a particular area of the law. For example, if you deal with truck accident cases, you can use this content to showcase your knowledge in this field.
- Boosts Your SEO. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a complex equation that requires endless research and trial and error to solve. And while the strategies favored by search engines such as Google are constantly changing, one rule still holds true: content is king. Creating original articles that are structured for search engines and choosing the right keywords will help your firm rise to the top of the search rankings.
2. Perform Search Engine Optimization
Broken links, duplicate copy, and negative backlinks will cripple your website’s SEO. However, many site owners overlook the important pillars of search engine optimization, sinking their chances of success before their webpages even go live.
As a law firm you’re not only competing for readers with countless other attorneys, but you also need to make sure your content is reaching the right users. For example, you may be reaching out to victims of slip and fall accidents, but due to poor optimization and use of the wrong keywords and topics, your content is attracting the wrong readers.
A comprehensive SEO strategy involves keyword research, HTML tag optimization, landing page development, landing page expansion, regular blogging, backlink profile development, social media management, and more. As this is a full-time job that you won’t be able to schedule between consultations, it’s best to leave your SEO strategy in the hands of an accomplished digital agency.
3. Stay Active on Social Media
How are you using Facebook right now? Are you attracting clients through Twitter? These platforms are for more than just sharing pictures of cats, and in the right hands they can help boost your SEO and accelerate the growth of your site.
However, maximizing your use of social media is about more than just posting often. Just as your blog content and search engine optimization both require comprehensive strategies, so too does your approach to networking on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
As part of our law firm SEO services, we offer social media management. Our team will make sure your social media pages are optimized and professional, and we will share your law firm’s blogs with followers so you don’t have to.
Order a Free Trial Blog Post for Your Law Firm
At Sutton Digital Marketing, our team specializes in creating well-written, legally accurate blog content. We also offer free SEO audits, and we guarantee our system will increase your site’s traffic by at least 10% within the first 16 weeks. To find out more about our legal content writing service, call 757-777-9084 (USA) or 236-602-0377 (Canada), or send us a message on our Contact Page.